Click image to view
By James Roxbury
Monday November 30, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Gabriel Olivera, of the Harrisburg Police department describes two homicides and one shooting that took place over the weekend in Harrisburg.

I give credit to the parents. The community needs to take a stand.

Information on the two homicides.

As released by Harrisburg Bureau of Police.

Type of Incident: Homicide

Date / Time: Location: 11/27/15 at 1853 hours 300 block of Carlisle Street

Victim: Rayon Braxton B/M/25

On 11/27/15 at 1853 hours, Harrisburg Police were dispatched to a shooting located on the 300 block of Carlisle Street.

Officers arrived on location and discovered the victim lying in a doorway on the 3rd floor. Multiple rounds were fired during this incident and the victim was struck multiple times. Medical personnel did arrive and pronounced the victim deceased. No arrests have been made at this time and the investigation is ongoing.

Anyone having any information on this is asked to contact Detective Gibney at 717-916- 2635, email at or Sgt. Wealand at 717255-3115, email at

You can also call the Dauphin County Police Dispatch at 717-558-6900 and ask for a city detective.

Anyone with information regarding this homicide may be eligible for a reward of up to $2,000. Call Crime Stoppers of Dauphin County at 800-262-3080 or write to P.O. Box 469, Harrisburg, PA 17108.


Type of Incident: Homicide

Date / Time: 11/27/15 at 1747 hours

Location: N. 5th & Radnor Streets

Victim: Rashaad Gallmon-Queen B/M/25

Suspect: Jasuan Johnson B/M/15

Charges: Criminal Homicide (as adult)

Carrying a Firearm without a License Possession of a Firearm by a Juvenile

On 11/27/15 at 1747 hours, Harrisburg Police were dispatched to a shots fired call in the area of N. 5th & Radnor Streets. As officers arrived on the scene a second call was received for an accident on N. Front & Forster Streets with a Honda leaving the scene.

At 1759 hours, police were then notified that a shooting victim arrived at Harrisburg Hospital and shortly after the victim was pronounced deceased. It was determined that the vehicle that the victim was transported in was the vehicle that was involved in the accident on Front Street. Through the investigation it was determined that Jasuan Johnson was the shooter.

Johnson’s family contacted Chief Carter and made arrangements for Johnson to surrender. At 0030 hours the family arrived at the station and turned Johnson over to Chief Carter.

Sign Up or Log In to comment.